Intercultural Roots for Traditional Embodied Arts
UK Registered Charity Number: 1146653
Current Trustees: Dr Alex Boyd (UK), Dr Andrea Maciel (UK / Brazil), Dr Alvaro Rodriguez (Colombia), Prof. Charles Royal (New Zealand) and Martin Sax (UK).
Charitable Objectives (for full objectives see Charity Commission website):
1. To advance the education of the public on the subject of traditional and indigenous embodied arts and to promote research for the public benefit in all aspects of that subject and to publish the useful results;
2. To advance the cultural heritage of traditional and indigenous embodied arts to benefit peoples throughout the world through research, preservation, sustainment and dissemination;
3. To relieve hardship in indigenous communities worldwide, either generally or individually, including through the provision of grants, goods or services.
Intercultural Roots for Public Health
UK Registered Charity Number: 1179885
Current Trustees: Dr Alex Boyd UK), Prof. Lynette Hunter (USA), Regina Gutiérrez (Colombia) and Dr Ian Kenvyn (UK).
For the public benefit, to promote community participation in healthy recreation by:
1. Promoting participation in Tai Chi, Yoga, Pilates and Dance
2. Advancing education in the benefits of healthy recreation
3. Promoting best practice in the delivery of Tai Chi, Yoga, Pilates and Dance.
Meet The Team
- Dr Alex Boyd – Executive Director
- Dr Andrea Maciel – Artistic Director
- Maggi Swallow – PR, Comms & Marketing
- Tiago Gambogi – PR, Comms & Marketing
- Wendy van der Haagen-Boyd – Financial Admin
- Isabella Sperotto – Online Hosting
- Clare Kenvyn – Evaluation