London (GMT) 6pm-7.30pm
San Francisco (PST) 10am-11.30am
New York (EST) 1pm-2.30pm
Berlin (CET) 19:00-20:30
Check your local time zone here
The Alexander Technique is a practical means for personal change that anyone can choose to apply to their lives.
Whether as public or performer you need help with posture, balance or movement, input into skill development— or if you simply wish to gain more control over your life — the Alexander Technique offers a great way for you to make the changes you seek.
Poor posture can lead to back pain or back ache, sciatica, disc problems and back spasms.
The course offers the opportunity to:
* explore the Alexander Technique (AT) in an interactive, exciting and experiential manner
* gain a practical experience of working with AT principles
* develop skills to begin to apply the principles for oneself
* gain insight into how the AT can enable performers to develop their practice and performance in a way that enhances wellbeing
This 8 Workshop Course is suitable for all and no prior experience of the AT is necessary. We will be exploring activities that are basic to performance such as standing, sitting, using objects and instruments. There will also be short talks and explanations and some enjoyable movement work. We suggest participants find a space where they won’t be disturbed, where they can adjust the temperature, and have something to lie down on comfortably, with cushions to support head and legs as well as something comfortable to sit on in front of the screen.
While the live workshops will take place in Zoom all participants will receive an invitation to join our Basecamp online forum for additional support and group communication.
On completion of the course, participants will
• have an increased understanding of Alexander Technique in daily personal practice
• have gained a critical understanding of AT principles in everyday and stage
• have a greater understanding of the implications of AT principles for those they work
• be able to incorporate the basics of AT into their performance practice
• have developed techniques for preventing and alleviating back and neck pain
Type of Format: Course
Technical platform for the course: Zoom Pro, Basecamp
Please note: there's NO SESSION on Tuesday 15th February 2022 (Half Term Break)
Please ensure that you book at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the course, excluding Drop-In tickets where available, to allow time for you to receive confirmation emails and your entry link to Zoom. This is because we rely on third parties for confirmation etc. Please ensure you have read the Legal notices on our website before booking, in particular our notices regarding Privacy (including Privacy Considerations When Using Zoom), Refund & Cancellation, Disclaimers (including Medical) and Terms.
Event image credit: Alison Loram
Some of the things people are searching for that relate to this course include:
lower back pain, back pain, sciatica, backache, upper back pain, back pain relief, sciatica relief, herniated disc, sciatic pain, headache back of head, slipped disc, lower back pain right side, Alexander technique, lower back pain left side, lower left back pain, back spasm, lumbago, the Alexander technique, lower back sharp pain, pinched nerve in lower back treatment, alexander technique exercises, lumbar strain, Alexander technique online course, lower back spasms